Sunday, May 2, 2010

Noelani's Halau O Hula Mo'olelo

Amongst my many activities, one of my main interests is hula dancing. So much so, that a few years ago, I noticed there wasn't much being offered in the Inland Empire, so I opened my own halau(hula school)www.hulatraditions.com. I've been dancing since the age of five under the instruction of my grandmother, Noelani. Anyways, in a few weeks, my halau will be dancing at the Inland Empire's first Ho'olaulei'a in Beaumont. I have to provide a photo of myself and a short bio. It's pretty hard to get pics of myself since Im always the one taking them, but I set the camera up today since I had gotten ready for a show anyways, and showed my almost 12 year old what to push, he did and voila..not too shabby. With a quick crop, so you couldn't see my neighbors orange tree in the backyard, I now can provide them a current photo!Maybe I have a future photographer on my hands too!

No comments:

Post a Comment